POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : interior fade_color and photons : Re: interior fade_color and photons Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior fade_color and photons
From: PM 2Ring
Date: 5 Aug 2005 09:00:00
Message: <web.42f362a1d09e5752a196ebe30@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote:
> It seems if i turn photons on, fade_color on the sphere part of the
> exclamation mark disappears and is rendered simply as clear glass.

Ok, Ross, I've just done a few test renders, and my previous suggestion
about 'collect off' doesn't make a difference. Sorry about that. :(

However, I have solved your problem: it's just a matter of coincident
surfaces: move your plane back 0.2 units and all will be fine.

You might like to experiment with 'conserve_energy', although it will make
your glass darker & the colour a bit washed out, so they will need
adjusting.

How come there is a #version 3.5 directive in this scene? Are you actually
using POV 3.5? If so, you really should use 3.6, version 3.5 has a bug that
causes green spots on glass that uses both 'fresnel' reflection &
'conserve_energy'.

Also, is there a reason why all your glass objects are hollow?

Here's a quick render I've just done, using conserve_energy, radiosity and
photons, but with a count of 300000, and antialias settings of +A0.5 +AM2
+R2

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rossexclaimc.jpg' (41 KB)